Once upon a time, power dressing was a way to show a woman’s authority in a male-dominated environment. Today, things have changed as women-centric organisations have surfaced. So does this mean power-dressing is a thing of the past? Absolutely not! The way you dress can change your mood and do wonders for your productivity. What we’re saying is, power dressing is real and a complete game changer.
Modern power dressing is glamourous, super stylish and not only about the greys and blacks. The traditional pant suit is passé, even florals have made their way into power dressing. Allow us to show you some of the ways you can ace this game without putting in too much effort-
- Don’t be afraid to mix prints! Want to wear those thick horizontal blue and white strips with the thin white and black one? Go right ahead and do so!
- Customize the traditional pant suit. Cropped blouses, tailored blazers, ankle length pants, these work! You can take some major style inspiration from Victoria Beckham.
- Invest in statement pieces. Like that pair of pants with the cascading waist, or the knee length blazer with that embroidered collar. Go right ahead, make those bold choices and make heads turn!
- Wear bright colours. Traditional power dressing involved a heavy use of black, white and grey. Today, it’s time to bring in some sunshine to the dull wardrobes with prints, florals and all those pastels!
- Play it safe with white. When in doubt, wear white. Invest in a crisp white blazer or skirt, something you can pick when you’re not sure what to wear.
Sounds simple, right? Well, it really is! Slaying the power dressing game is not that difficult a task.